Christina Tian, MAOM, L.Ac., Dipl. OM, CMD, BSBA, Acupuncturist
Christina is a second generation practitioner specializing in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. She first encountered acupuncture at the age of six; watching as her father cared for his patients as if they were his own family. His dedication to Traditional Chinese Medicine and for his patients inspired her to pursue this healing path. Her father, Xiaoming Tian, L.Ac., CMD, was appointed as the first clinical consultant on acupuncture at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center.
Her clinical experience spans adolescent, adult and geriatric medicine. Her experience treating patients at the Elder Service Plan of the North Shore assisted her development of gentle acupuncture techniques that all patients young and old appreciate.
Christina was recruited by Sibley Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine, to spearhead acupuncture services in a new Integrative Health program pilot. During the pilot, she offered Traditional Chinese Medicine services such as acupuncture and acupressure to oncology patients. Christina continues to provide treatments to Sibley patients and participates in advanced oncology education and training.
Christina’s training includes:
- Master’s Degree in Oriental Medicine, specializing in Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture, from the New England School of Acupuncture, the oldest acupuncture school in the United States
- Post-graduate work at Beijing University’s First Teaching Hospital under Prof. De Ying Wang, MD, CMD
- Certification in Clean Needle Technique by the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Nationally board certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Chinese Herbology and Acupuncture
- Certified in Ear Acupuncture from the Auriculotherapy Certification Institute.
- Certified by the World Federation of Chinese Medicine (Beijing) as a Doctor of Chinese Medicine
- Editorial Board Member of the World Federation of Chinese Medicine and World Congress of Chinese Medicine
- Completed Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s health professional training for Integrative Medicine
- Licensed to practice acupuncture in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
- Member of the American Association of Oriental Medicine, and the Acupuncture Societies of Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
- Acupuncturist at Sibley Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Through her upbringing and exposure to Chinese Medicine she is an avid cook and loves looking at the medicinal properties of foods and spices and is currently working on a book utilizing ancient Chinese nutritional therapy for modern use. On weekends, you may find Christina volunteering at the local farmers market where she shares Chinese nutritional advice and recipes with patrons.
Christina travels to further develop her understanding of different medical systems while regularly practicing Qigong. Christina works and volunteers for various acupuncture societies in both the United States and China and participates in international Oriental Medicine conferences to ensure she bridges cutting edge findings with the ancient wisdom of this profession.
Christina is accepting new patients at the Wildwood Acupuncture Center Mondays to Fridays.